Thursday 10 November 2011

Family and the Holiday Season

Maybe the most dysfunctional Christmas family story!
This week I read this blog post from Gretchen Rubin of, The Happiness Project.  It provides some simple but really practical and sensible advice on dealing with difficult relatives over the holiday period. 

While she's thinking about Thanksgiving, which is approaching quickly, I thought the advice was pretty spot on for some family tension that often plays out for us over Christmas.

Check out her blog post for yourself, I'm sure that there's something that you can take away for your family this holiday season:
http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2011/11/9-tips-for-dealing-with-difficult-relatives-over-the-holidays.html

This year, we're spending the holidays in Adelaide with my family; all 3 of us... husband, M dog and me! Should be an interesting 8 hour toad trip with M dog in tow!

No comments:

Post a Comment