Friday 25 November 2011

Softies for Mirabel

Courtesy of Meet Me at Mike's
Some of my creative energy over the last few weeks has been spent trying to finish my contribution to the Softies for Mirabel campaign.  I have a really bad habit of leaving projects until the 11th hour to complete them, and with submissions needing to be sent early next week, it's going to be a push to the finish line.

I've been making a stripy teddy bear and hopefully he'll keep a special little person in good company for the next few years.  He's been made with love and I hope that he brings love to his new owner. 

I've also inspired my MIL to get involved and she's been beavering away knitting a few softies of her own.  Unfortunately MIL is a huge worrier; if there is something to be worried about, she seeks it out and worries on it for days.  On our recent road trip to Bendigo (to see The White Wedding Dress exhibition, which was totally wonderful...) she was talking to me about some of her worrying. I encouraged her to find a way to feel like she had some control over her worries and maybe finding a way to give to someone in need could help with this. As a result, we've both been crafting, making our softies and taking back control by finding a small way to make a difference.

I'll be sure to post a few pics of both hers and mine before they get sent on their merry way next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment