Sunday 6 November 2011

Knit, sew and ramble

Hold the press... I might have to change the name of my blog to Knit, Sew and Ramble, as I can now proudly call myself a sewer!

I've been wanting to continue to develop my love for making and giving and I felt that re-learning how to sew would be a great way to help me achieve this.  I've also set myself a new life goal of ensuring that I always create an atmosphere of growth; to keep learning, developing and growing as a person, both personally and professionally ('creating an atmosphere of growth' is something that really resonated with me from The Happiness Project). The first task that I set myself was to get back into sewing.

This weekend, I took steps one and two in this journey...

Step one looks like this:

My new Janome sewing machine! Yay!

Step two looks like this:


My first project; a small drawstring bag to house my sewing bits and pieces. I also think that I've found project number two here; apparently this is the world's easiest skirt... sounds like a good place to start to me! So now to find some funky fabric to make this super easy (fingers crossed!) skirt.

More updates to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment