Sunday 19 June 2011

Persuasion



I watched the 2007 adaptation of 'Persuasion' this weekend and what a treat it was.

I've only just started reading 'Persuasion' for the first time. I'm not quite sure how I've gotten through life having never read this book before; especially with my penchant for classics. I'm making amens now.

So, to the movie. Rupert Penry-Jones makes for a very dashing Captain Wentworth and Sally Hawkins a repentant and love sick Anne Elliot. I really enjoyed the storyline, the lush country fields, the blustering seaside scenes and of course, the story of true love being realised and found.

And now the ultimate test begins; how closely was the story line to the book? Check back in here in a couple of weeks and I'll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you ,liked it! The book (as always) is even better.

    Enjoy!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it, thanks so much for the recommendation! I have to watch it again before returning to the library (and I think I'll need to purchase my own copy...)

    ReplyDelete