Thursday 4 August 2011

Letters


When was the last time that you received a hand written letter? Was it back in primary school when you had a pen pal, or does your Grandma send you a letter for your birthday each year (along with a $5 note!)...

Personally, I can't remember the last time I received a letter, let alone wrote one, which makes me a bit sad. It's so lovely to check the letterbox and see a handwritten envelope amongst the bills and other boring bits and pieces that we receive. With my recently rediscovered interest in writing, I'm thinking that writing letters will give me another way to indulge in some creativity and also to let my friends and family know that I care enough to take the time to put pen to paper.

I've loaded myself up with some funky paper, envelopes and a pen (surely that's another bonus... stationary shopping!) and I'm looking forward to writing a few letters this weekend. If you're lucky, one might make it's way into your letterbox; and if that happens, I dare you to return the favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment