Monday 21 March 2011

There's no motivation like...

A new project to help you finish a current project!

I had my regular knitting and coffee session with my favourite friend yesterday and I spent some time flicking through some of her lovely pattern books. Well, I found this gorgeous, nostalgic sweater pattern, which I just could not get enough of. It's very 40's, has a lovely lace pattern (sounds bad but it's actually nice!) and will be very wearable over the cold Melbourne winter. I'll have to hunt down a picture just to show you how delectable it is.

So with my knitting taste-buds watering at the thought of this new project; I envoked my knitting rule... must finish current big project before beginning new one (mind you, I have broken this rule on occassion, but this time I'm determined). It does help that I'm still excited about said current project though; a lightweight spring/autumn cardy in a lovely cream colour (again with a lace pattern). I've finished the back and have made a good start on the left front; now just the right front and sleeves to go... hmmm, that's still a fair bit.

It's already looking like it will be quite sweet, so I'm sure I can muster the motivation to complete her (must complete before buying more yarn, must complete before buying more yarn).

No comments:

Post a Comment