Tuesday 22 March 2011

When in New York

Confession; whenever someone asks me what my fave city is, the answer has always been immediate and consistent; Paris. What's not to love about the City of Light; wide boulevards, a boulangerie around every corner, Louis Vuitton, La Tour Eiffel, the Metro, so many museums and galleries (the big ones of course, but then also the smaller suprise packages; Musee Orangerie, the Rodin Museum...)



But last year I revisited NYC and remembered Paris' rival for my affection. Now when asked the question about my fave city, I'll have to think a little and maybe, just maybe, I'll betray my love affair and change my answer to NYC. Well, she's pretty special, so I'll forgive my infidelity.


Anyhoo... where I'm going with all of this rambling is that on my recent weekend away, I read an article in the Qantas magazine about restaurants in NYC. Normally when I read something like this I goo and gaa at the exotic meal the reviewer had and wonder if I'll ever be the kind of person to dine in such a place. Well, just this once I read a review of an awesome establishment that I had eaten in; The Spotted Pig, located in the West Village. My clever sister and her husband took us to this very funky gastropub just around the corner from where they were living. We had a great dinner in the pig decorated restaurant (pictures, figurines, ornaments... seriously, they were everywhere!); the burgers were so amazingly delicious and the shoestring fries were a curly mass of excitement on my plate.

So if you're ever in the neighborhood, pop in for a bite to eat. You'll find The Spotted Pig here:


You can also check out their website.

Also, forgot to mention that they have received 5 Michelin stars. I'm not a huge foodie; but even I know that this means it's good!

The Spotted Pig, 314 West 11th St @ Greenwich St, NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment