Sunday 10 July 2011

Deja vu

Did I actually experience the last week, or is it still last Sunday? It feels a lot like I'm doing the exact same thing that I was last weekend; rugging up, knitting and watching movies.  The Melbourne winter sure has set in today; it's been sleeting and it's very cold outside. 

No harm done for me though; this weather just creates more time for me to indulge in indoor activities (and no, I don't mean cleaning, washing clothes and cooking; although all of those things have been done this weekend too!) I mean, knitting, of course!

I cast off these cute fingerless gloves (but I still need to sew them up and sew in all of the thread ends), which will be for a girlfriend's daughter's birthday in August. I think she'll love the bright colours and the novelty of gloves (the pattern is Debbie Bliss).



Another girlfriend is having a baby in a few weeks; whaddya know, another baby! There are babies left, right and centre in my life these days.  I have a feeling that she's having a boy, so I'm starting on this hat and booties combo (the patterns are from Sublime) for her little one. Fingers crossed it is a boy, or else I'm going to have to start something else!



I've also been buying a few new albumns and songs on iTunes this afternoon. Have you heard, 'Beautiful Trash' by Lanu featuring Megan Washington? It's really ace.



Lastly, I have the slow cooker switched on and it's full of lots of veggies, some red meat, lots of herbs and some stock. All Jason need do is cook some rice and dinner is sorted. What better end could there be to a rainy Sunday.

Have a good week x

No comments:

Post a Comment