Thursday 21 April 2011

80's Flashback

Who's seen what's on 7Two tonight? It's the perfect way to start a super duper long weekend; a John Hughes double... The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles.


I have watched these movies so many times; they're as familiar to me as a comfy pair of pyjamas or as visiting the house I grew up in.

But it has to be said that my all time favourite John Hughes movie was, Pretty in Pink. I loved how grown up Molly Ringwald's character, Andie, seemed; she had a phone in her bedroom (how cool!), she could sew her own clothes and she sure made some funky threads, she had the rich boy (Andrew McCarthy; OMG how cute was he!) after her, she went head to head with the snobby rich kids and she worked in a record store. It's safe to say that I wanted to BE her!

What a great way to start the longest, long weekend on record. See you on the other side of my night reliving my 80's hopes and dreams (and, yes, they did include having a phone in my bedroom!).

No comments:

Post a Comment