Saturday 2 April 2011

Curves and the Double Down

Juxtaposition; joining a gym on the same day you read about KFC's new wacko deal, the Double Down.

I've not been feeling fabulous of late and decided I needed to ramp up the exercise. Hence a visit to the local Curves this morning; which resulted in them having another member. The premise is simple; a 30 minute workout that you should try and do at least 3 times per week. I really liked the simplicity of their system, but wonder whether I will get a bit bored of going through the circuit day after day, week after week. Hopefully not.

So I've been feeling all fired-up today and looking forward to my new relationship with cardio and to my hopefully decreasing waistline. So you'll forgive my horror and disgust when scanning through The Age online this afternoon, I read about the Double Down burger (but it's not really a burger) that KFC are going to be making. BTW, it's already been a 'HIT' in the States!

Picture this; it's a bunless burger, 2 deep fried pieces of chicken replace the bun, they hold together 2 rashers of bacon, 2 pieces of cheese and a much greater chance of you having a heart attack.

It sounds gross.

After being re-energised today with a short workout and the promise of many more to come, the thought of this greasy 'meal' is making me feel ill. I think I need to stop writing about it. If you're keen to hear more of the horror, you can do that here.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. That "burger" is pretty filthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me feel so ill yesterday when reading about it. Then last night I saw an ad on TV for it; even worse!!

    ReplyDelete