Thursday 28 April 2011

My Royal Confessions

Some of my readers already know my sordid Royal secrets... some of you might not. There are a few to share, so I'll kick off the confessions with the biggest and best!

First; when I was a little girl, I scrapbooked pictures of the late Diana, Princess of Wales. Although I was a little young at the time, it was these images of her visit in the early 1980's that kicked me off.



Second; I saw the Queen at one of her visits to Adelaide in the 1980's. I'm a bit scketchy on the details, as I can't have been very old, but I'm pretty sure we went as a school excursion to the showgrounds and saw them parade through in a motorcade. I've done some research via Wikipedia and think that it may have been the 1986 visit that the Queen and Prince Philip made.  I also remember buying a venus fly trap plant at the showgrounds that day (what a random memory!)

Third; when my husband proposed to me, he was aware of my Princess Diana background, so he gave me something pretty special when he popped the question at the top of the Eiffel Tower...


It's only costume jewellery, but I love it! When we got home from our holiday we chose my 'real' ring together:
I love that one even more.

Fourth; 31st August 1997. The day Diana was tragically killed in Paris, was my 19th birthday. I was so devastated that she was killed and it seemed a little poignant that it was on my birthday.

Fifth; I'm so looking forward to watching the Royal Wedding tomorrow night! While I might be alone with some of my other confessions, It's safe to say that there are many. many of you who can join me in confession number four.

Enjoy watching the wedding tomorrow night; I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment