Wednesday 20 April 2011

More time for creativity

I just can't wait until the long weekend officially starts, for many reasons but one BIG reason; lots of creative time.

I want to finish my present for new baby Felix. Here's a little sneak peek at what I'm working on for him:

I also really want to start my new vintage project, as this is all I have managed so far:
I had a dream the other night that I had finished knitting the back of this jumper; wishful thinking!

So, one more work day until the lovely long Easter and Anzac weekend; I think I'll just make it! We're going away for 2 nights to Hepburn Springs and my plans are to read, knit, eat, sleep, blog, walk M dog (yep, she's coming with us) and thoroughly enjoy myself. I've been reflecting the last few days on how lovely it would be if I had more time to spend indulging my creative side.  I read so many other wonderful blogs and am envious at the time some of these creative souls have to indulge in their passions. Or maybe they just use their time better than me. (Pause and reflect...)

In other knitting news, I came across a previous project last weekend. I visited a girlfriend and her 1 year old daughter was wearing the little summer cardy that I made for her.
It's always really lovely to see one of your pieces being used and enjoyed. Thanks, Joey, for remembering and for valuing the gift.

So now M dog and I are settling in for a night on the couch; we were about to head out for a walk but it started raining. She's not impressed, but she'll be happy enough sitting alongside me while I catch up on some creative time.

No comments:

Post a Comment