Saturday 30 April 2011

The Royal Wedding Debrief

Despite the formality, the pomp & splendor, it seemed to me that two lovely young people who love each other very much got married yesterday.


There were some great moments and here are a few of my favourites.

When Kate was walking down the aisle, William was trying so hard not to turn around and sneak a peek. His wing man, Harry, gave him a couple of updates, no doubt letting his big bro know how gorgeous Kate looked.

When she finally made it to the front of the Abbey and joined William, you could see him say to her, 'You look beautiful". Awwww.
I thought that Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits rocked. Everyone should leave them alone! There are so many nasty comments and articles today about them both. Really people, it's not necessary.

Kate was so glamorous, so poised, so perfect.


Her dress seemed to be inspired by Princess Grace's. It was classic, elegant, flattering and truly fitting for a Princess.
All in all, it was a lovely affair. But as much as it was amazing, it was also terribly formal. I felt for Will and Kate; they didn't have the opportunity to have an intimate, casual, or private wedding. I guess that's the price that needs to be paid for being born into nobility. And so for me, as much as it was special and really a quite incredible occasion, I'm still glad that I didn't have to go through the same. I got to choose the kind of wedding and indeed, the kind of life that I want. These two will have every luxury, every need met, every material possession they could ever dream of owning; but us 'commoners' have our freedom, our privacy and choices in how we live our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment