Sunday 1 May 2011

Panama Dining Room

I went out for a lovely dinner last night at the Panama Dining Room in Fitzroy.

Honestly, I don't remember that last time I put on a pair of heels and went out on a Saturday night. Most of my going out seems to happen straight from work on Fridays these days, so it was a bit novel to make myself look nice and pop on the heels on a Saturday!

I met two of my awesome girlfriends in Fitzroy for a bite to eat at the very cool and very friendly, Panama Dining Room. The atmosphere was pumping; it was intimate, not too crowded with a great buzz in the air.  We sat near a gaggle of girls who must have been on a hens night and there were numerous other groups of friends and couples enjoying themselves.

I started with zucchini flowers stuffed with three cheeses on a grape and walnut salad. Delicious! Main course was one of the specials; barramundi pan fried, with a lovely sauce and a potato, prosciutto and cos (I think) salad. Finally, for dessert I had the Italian choc chip ice cream on banana loaf with caramel popcorn.

It was all really delicious and made my mouth water for more. I thought that the dessert would be my favourite part of the meal (considering my strong sweet tooth) and while it was absolutely wonderful, it was the main course that really took my fancy.  The barramundi was cooked to perfection; the sauce was delicate & delicious and the side salad just complemented the fish perfectly. It was perfection.

The only downer was the parking ticket on my friend's car! Why didn't we check the parking restrictions?!

The Panama Dining Room, Level 3/231 Smith St, Fitzroy.
Check out their website here, then do yourself a favor and book a table for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment