Sunday 22 May 2011

The House of Eliott

The Elliot sisters, Beatrice and Evangeline with their friend Jack Maddox.
I've borrowed series one of 'The House or Eliott' from a girlfriend and am halfway through. It's a really delightful series, with wonderful characterisation, an interesting (and very wholesome plot) and the fashion is to die for.

If you have an interest in 1920's fashion or even a general interest in the era, this series is well worth watching. 

The aftermath of the First World War is apparent; there are hardly any young men left in Britain and the chances of young women finding a husband are just about non-existent. London is trying to get back on her feet, as are the Eliott sisters after their father dies and leaves them penniless.

'The House of Eliott' is the perfect viewing material for a rainy Melbourne Sunday afternoon.  My peppermint tea is ready and I have a new baby project to knit; looks like I'm ready to watch a couple of episodes right now!

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOVE The House of Eliott!! I've seen the series at least twice (on Finnish TV) and could easily watch it again and again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just divine! I should have known you would love it, Riina; the 20's fashion is right up your alley! I've finished series one and am waiting for series 2 from the library.

    ReplyDelete